About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Saturday, August 22, 2009

How's the running going?


As I officially completed my 3rd long run this morning, that means week 2 is in the books. Baltimore 1/2 marathon is only a few more weeks away, and now the Disney Full Marathon in my future. I ask myself everyday, am I crazy? Have I committed myself to to much?

The answer is always the same, yup! I'm a little crazy. And No, I love the feel of a challenge. I love pushing myself to a new level.

This week was a killer for me. Ever since last Saturday, I had a pretty nasty stomach virus! Yup, a trip to the doctor, a day or so off work. Enough said there, right. But, in the end, it had me a little disheartened. Not that I was sick all week, but it really threw my training off. I was like, its only week 2, I can't miss a workout and I can't fall off my schedule. Yet, I quickly realized, life does get involved and you do need to work around it and not let it bring you down.

With that said, I still did pretty good. Last Sat., I know I told you I did 7 miles at like 5:30 in the morning. So, that was a big accomplishment for me. I was supposed to do Chalean Extreme Burn it off/Recharge on Sunday, but listened to my body who said, you really need a rest day. So, I took it off and relaxed.

Then the week started, Monday at 5 am, I got up and did my Chalean Extreme, Push Circuit 1. Man, I love the push month. Reps of 6-8 are really my favorite. Monday night was a rest night from running.

Tuesday, am I felt terrible. So, getting out of bed was not on my agenda. I figured skip my Chalean Extreme. It was a cardio day and I knew that that night I was going to be running. So, I was a little bummed, but ok. But, Tuesday night, I didn't feel much better. I did tell myself, just get on the elliptical and go slow. Something, is better then nothing. I managed to push out 30 miles (about 2 miles) at an average pace. I kind of was just in a zone, so it definitely was not about anything but keeping my legs moving.

Wed. morning, I did get up and do Chalean Extreme, Push Circuit 2. I have told myself, all leg work in that program will be kept to a minimum as I train for my big runs. But, the weights felt good! Wed. night, I actually felt great and went outside and ran for 3 miles. Let me tell you, running at 6 pm when its just starting to cool down, but the average temperature is still around 90 degrees and humid is a HARD run! I always end up walk/running the last mile of that 3 mile run because the heat just gets to ya. And, it always makes me wonder how can I do a long run on Saturday if I can't do 3 now. Well, for those that run in the heat, its the heat that wipes it out of you. If you can run early or later after the sun goes down, I bet you will see great improvement compared to your mid day runs!

Thursday, I was sick. I stayed home and stayed in bed most of the day. So, I did not do my Chalean Extreme or my run for the day. My first skipped planned run in my training. At first, I was really sad. All day thinking, just a little bit on the elliptical, you can do it. But, I finally told myself. It's ok to be sick and take a day off. That, in the last 2 weeks, I have run more miles then I did all summer. Take today as a rest day and let me knees, ankles recovery. So, I did and have no regrets.

Friday was a planned day off of running, and I did not do my Chalean Extreme. Yup, I really blew my first week of the push phase, but not too upset.

I woke up at 5 am this morning to a huge thunderstorm and thought there is no way we'd be running. But, our team met at 7 am, there were few showers before we started, but had a perfectly clear day! Therefor this morning, was my first official day of training for the Disney Marathon with the team run. I ran 8 miles! Whoo Whoo! What an accomplishment. I never got up an ran 8 miles in my life before, so I am proud of myself. Not only did I do it, I had enough juice left in me to sprint the last few hundred yards back to my car. Just a little extra effort in the end!

I'm meeting a ton of great people with Team in Training and am loving it so far. I am so glad I have committed to join them to not only accomplish my goal, but to help find a cure!

Overall, how do I feel after week 2? I feel great! I want to run more, but keep saying, no follow the plan. Don't over do it. Yes, my knees do feel a little worn and are not sure what's going on. I do think, new sneakers are in the very near future! My legs are keeping up with me and getting better with each run. My lungs are not really the problem. I seem to recover quickly and don't seem to sore the next day. Maybe tired and steps are not on my list of things to do the morning after a run, but otherwise, I feel wonderful!

So, follow my journey as I run toward Disney World. Also, remember, I am running to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and to help find a cure for blood cancer. Donations are not expected, but truly are greatly appreciated. So, if you want to help, even a small $10-$20 donation will make a difference! It's easy to donate. Just click on the tab "Support my Cause" on my website TheFitnessSpot.net and then read about what I'm doing and click the Donation Tab to make a contribution. (Or simply click here) Remember, all donations are tax deductible.

Thanks much, and keep checking back to follow my progress!

Heather!

If you need help reaching your fitness goals, let me know. I'm a FREE Beachbody Coach who is here to help you! Just drop me an email and let's talk about finding a fitness program that will work for you!

Email: HeatherB@BeachbodyCoach.com

No comments: