About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Monday, August 24, 2009

More about Leukemia and Lymphoma Society


Yes, I have even more facts about the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. If I'm going to ask for your help to support my cause, I'm going to give you as many facts as I can.

So, here is a little more about LLS.

Research (funded by LLS)
  • LLS funds about 400 researchers each year.
  • Since 1949, LLS has invested over $600 million in leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma research. In 2008, $71.4 million was invested, including 129 new grants to researchers in academic institutions.
  • Innovations in cancer treatment over the years have included radiation and chemotherapy, stem cell transplantation and new targeted therapies that kill cancer cells without harming new ones.
Patient Services (funded by LLS)
  • The Society made more then 5.1 million patient contacts in 2008.
  • The Society has 68 chapters in the US and Canada that conduct live-enhancing patient service programs, peer counseling and patient financial aid.
  • FREE Web casts, chat rooms, telephone education, seminars and conferences, "back to school" programs and more for patients, families, and communities dealing with blood cancer.
The "back to school" program supports both the patient , who may have missed 1 to 3 years of school while in treatment, AND his/her classmates - so all the children can adjust and be supportive!

Advocacy (funded by LLS)
  • The Society's advocacy program promotes increased federal funding of biomedical research and influences health care reform issues, including ready access to quality cancer care and insurance coverage of patient-care costs in clinical trials.
  • LLS sponsors scientific conferences around the country, produces educational materials and videos, and runs dozens of Family Support Groups nationwide.

Keep checking my blog to learn more about The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! I don't want to overload you all at once!

But, as I write this, I want to thank you all for your continued support. Currently we have raised almost $450 or 12% of my goal of $3800! Remember, for every dollar over this $3800 amount, 100% donated goes directly to the cause! (Up to the $3800, 75% of every dollar goes to this cause!) I know, with all your help and support, we can far exceed this goal. Remember, donations are requested by September 30, 2009! Also, all donations are 100% tax deductible!




Thank you again!

Heather

Email: HeatherB@BeachbodyCoach.com
Website: www.TheFitnessSpot.net (Fitness programs that get results!)

No comments: